Storage units are a convenient way to store your belongings in a secure location. There are many different sizes and types of storage units available, but you should carefully consider the size and type of unit that’s right for you.
The size of a storage unit you choose should be based on the items you need to store, as well as your personal preferences. That’s because different sizes offer different benefits.
You can find out the right size of storage unit by consulting with the staff at your local storage facility. They will be able to help you determine which unit is best suited for your needs, based on your personal preferences and storage needs.
Available Storage Unit Sizes:
Whether you need a large Storage Unit to hold your household items or a small unit to keep your personal belongings, there are many different sizes available. The size of your Storage Unit will depend on the number of items that you have and what you need to store.
The following is a list of available storage unit sizes.
10′ x 10′ Unit: 10 ft x 10 ft
10′ x 20′ Unit: 10 ft x 20 ft
10′ x 30′ Unit: 10 ft x 30 ft
10′ x 40′ Unit: 10 ft x 40 ft
10′ x 50′ Unit: 10 ft x 50 ft
20′ x 20′ Unit: 20 ft x 20 ft
Decide What Size Storage Unit you Need?
It is important to know what size storage unit you need. Many people think that the bigger the better, but that is not always true. The size of your storage unit should match the amount of items you have.
If you are moving from one house to another, and have a lot of stuff, then it might be best to get an extra-large storage unit. This will allow more room for all your belongings, as well as giving you more options when it comes to organizing them.
There are different sizes of storage units available:
- Small storage units: They usually come in the 120-160 cubic foot range.
Small storage units are the perfect solution for people who want to store their things. They are a great option for anyone who does not have a lot of space and wants to keep their belongings safe and secure. Small storage units are perfect for small offices, apartments and condos.
Advantages of Small Units
Small storage units have several advantages over large storage units. They are smaller and can be stacked to create more space. They also have less weight which makes them easier to move around.
- Great for Summer Storage
If you live in an area where there is a lot of heat and humidity, then having a small storage unit is a great way to stay cool and dry. You can use these units for storing items that will not be affected by heat or humidity, such as bookshelves or dressers.
- Durable and Portable
Small storage units are very durable and portable. They will not take up much space in your home or yard, and they are easy to move around if necessary. This makes them perfect for people who have limited space or who travel often.
- Great for Emergencies
If you need extra storage space near an emergency, then a small storage unit may be just what you need! You can use these units to store things like blankets, pillows, linens, clothes and more between moves so that they will not get lost during one of those big moves!
- Near to your location
They can be used in any location. Whether you live in an apartment or own a home, you can easily attach these units to your walls or floors. This allows you to use them anywhere that you need extra space.
They are very inexpensive. Small storage units cost you less per month if you rent one from a company like Super Storage in UK.
- Easy to move around
They are smaller and can be stacked to create more space. They also have less weight which makes them easier to move around.
Things you can fit in Small Storage Units:
If you’re looking for a place to store personal belongings, or if you have a business that needs temporary storage space, a small storage unit is perfect. Here are some of the things you can fit into a small storage unit:
- Furniture and household items
- Small outdoor furniture such as patio chairs and tables
- Small appliances like coffee makers and toaster ovens
- Small tools like screwdrivers and wrenches
- Clothing, linens and bedding
- Books, papers and documents
- Ironing boards and iron
- Dishwashers and dishwashers parts
- Small tables and chairs
- Cheap sofas and couches
- Small mattress set
- Several boxes.
- Seasonal decorations,
- Gardening equipment,
- Camping gear,
- Children’s toys
- Off-season clothing.
- Medium storage units: They usually come in the 200-400 cubic foot range (or larger).
Medium storage units are a good option if you need to store items that are not too large or heavy. These units are a bit smaller than large storage units and will hold more items than the small ones.
Medium storage units are very versatile, and can be stacked on top of each other or used as individual units. They come in a variety of sizes and are available in both freestanding and wall-mounted styles.
These racks have many uses, including storing household items such as linens, clothing and toys; storing sports equipment; storing books; keeping tools organized; and even organizing paperwork.
Medium storage units generally have a large amount of space and are more expensive than smaller ones. They are also more difficult to get into if you need them quickly. This is because they are usually built out higher on the ground, making them harder to access if your car’s lift gate doesn’t work properly. Larger spaces can be rented out by the week or month depending on how often you need them, but these will cost more money per week or month than smaller spaces do.
Advantages of Medium Storage Units
It’s not always easy to get the right size of unit, but by choosing medium units, you can make sure you’re getting the right level of space in your house.
There are several advantages that come with owning a medium size unit:
- Best space and safety
In case you have a small storage space, then it is better to opt for the medium size storage unit. These units offer the best in terms of space and safety. These spaces are usually spacious enough to accommodate your bag and other belongings. Moreover, these units are also safer than the small ones as they have more locks and security features.
- Can be customized
These medium sized storage units come with different sizes that can be customized according to your needs. You can select from various available options such as 10’x10′, 10’x15′, 10’x20′, 13’x13′, etc., which will help you get the best fit for your personal belongings and stuffs.
- Ideal for valuables
If you want to store your valuables safely, then these types of self-storage units are ideal for you. The best part about them is that they have security features such as fireproof doors so that there is no chance of fire or water damage on any occasion whatsoever!
- Ideal for small businesses
They’re ideal for small businesses that need to store items temporarily.
- Easy to move
They make it easy to move into a new home or apartment without having to worry about moving all of your belongings into one place at once.
- No time limit
You can store your stuff in them for as long as you want without having to worry about the space getting cluttered or messy over time (although this is something you should always keep in mind when renting).
- Other Benefits
- They are more economical to run and maintain because they don’t require as much space.
- You don’t need to make use of a large amount of space.
- They can offer more security.
- You can buy them with more flexibility (e.g., fewer moving days).
- Storage space is available 24/7
- You have access to climate controlled facilities
- You can store items that do not require protection from water damage (i.e., furniture and electronics).
Things you can fit in Medium Storage Units:
Medium storage units are the most popular choice. They can be used for storing a wide range of items, and are often used as an alternative to small storage units.
While medium sized Storage Unit Sizes vary depending on the manufacturer, they typically range from 12 feet long by 8 feet wide by 6 feet tall to 18 feet long by 8 feet wide by 6 feet tall. The height ranges from 6 feet to 9 feet depending on what you want to store inside your unit.
- Bikes & Scooters
- Mattresses and Box Springs
- Tires & Rims
- Plants, Flowers & Trees
- Electronics & Computers
- Clothes and other household items
- Seasonal items such as Christmas decorations and summer clothing.
- Bikes and scooters
- Large storage units: They usually come in the 400+ cubic foot range (or larger).
Large storage units are used for storing large items such as furniture, appliances, or anything that is too large to fit in a regular storage unit.
Large storage units have a large amount of space available for you to use and store your belongings in. They can be accessed 24 hours a day so you don’t have to worry about having access to them when you need it most.
Large storage units are generally made of steel or concrete and have a waterproof floor finish. They are also often equipped with fire-resistant materials, to keep the contents safe from fire hazards.
The purpose of large storage units is to provide a secure place for your valuable belongings so that you can easily find them when you need them.
Advantages of Large Storage Units:
The benefits of large storage units are many. Here we list some of the most important advantages:
- The ability to store more inventory in a small space, which helps you save money on your rent.
- You can store a variety of items in one unit, including household items, office supplies and furniture.
- Large storage units provide additional security for your belongings; this reduces the chances that someone will break into your property and steal them from you or vandalize them.
- Large storage units are available 24/7, so you can access them at any time without having to worry about closing hours or other restrictions on access time periods.
- In addition to being available during normal business hours, large storage units have backup systems that allow them to be opened even when the facility is closed due to weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances (e.g., power outages).
- It is the cost-effective option for storing your things. If you have just moved into a new house and have no clue about where to store all your stuff, then renting a small storage unit would probably not be an option for you because renting such a small space would be very expensive. But when it comes to large storage units, there are no extra charges for having more space than required as long as it is full and ready for use at any time after signing up for the service!
- There are also some companies that offer specialty sizes for those who have specific needs such as those who want more space for clothing or those who need more space for their vehicles.
- Reduce your storage costs. You can save money on the cost of your self-storage unit because you’ll be able to store more stuff in it.
- Save time and effort. You’ll have more space to work with and be able to store more things, so you won’t have to do as much moving in and out of your self-storage unit.
- Keep organized. With so much room, you’ll have less trouble finding things when you need them and won’t have to worry about having too much stuff on hand at once (which can make it difficult for you to find something when you need it).
Things you can fit in Large Storage Units:
Storage units are a great option for storing just about anything in your home or business. They’re perfect for storing furniture, appliances, electronics and much more. In fact, they can hold so much stuff that many people call them “junk storage units.”
You can fit quite a bit of stuff in smaller spaces. You just need to know where to look and what to do. Here are some things that you can fit in large storage units:
- Big Boxes
- Bikes, Boats and Cars
- Large Appliances (refrigerators, stoves, etc.)
- Tractors, Lawn Mower and Garden Equipment, etc.
- Mattresses and Box Springs
- VCR/DVD Players, Stereos/Radios, Computers, Desktops, Laptops and Printers/Scanners/Fax Machines
- Office Supplies (Computers & Office Machines)
- Small Appliances (Microwave Ovens, Coffee Maker and Toaster)
- Paper products
- Tools and equipment
- Toys and games
- Rugs and rugs rolls
- Paint cans
- Sofa Bases
How to Pick the Right Size Storage Unit
When you’re moving into a new place, the first thing you do is look for a storage unit. The fact that you have to move all of your belongings from one home to another can be stressful and time-consuming, but it’s even more stressful if your storage unit doesn’t fit your needs.
If you don’t know how much space you need in a storage unit, here are some tips on how to pick the right size:
- Consider how many items you need to store. Make sure that the number of cubic feet (CF) is not too small or too large. This will determine whether the unit has enough space or not. If it doesn’t have enough space, then you will have to pay extra money for renting another unit with more CFs so that you can store all of your items without any problems later on.
- Measure the size of each item before moving it into the storage unit so that you know exactly where everything will fit inside without any problems later on. You should also measure the size of each item again after they have been moved so that they fit well in there without any problems later on too!
- Look at other similar units around: If you do not want to move, but still want extra space for your belongings, then consider renting an extra-large storage unit. Extra-large units are usually more expensive than standard storage units because they have a larger footprint, which means that they take up more space in relation to their actual volume so that they can accommodate more items per cubic foot of space.
- Another important consideration is whether or not you want climate control. If you live in an area where the temperature fluctuates wildly during the summer, it’s worth considering renting an air-conditioned unit instead of one without it.
- Another option would be renting an 8×10 or 10×12 unit if you have limited space at your new residence but need additional storage space for your possessions until after moving day has passed (or for a short period after moving). These sizes are usually less expensive than standard 12×20.
- Size Estimator: Some of the companies like Super Storage also offer service like size estimator. So if you want to calculate the space you need for your stuff, you can consult your storage service provider. They can batter help you to resolve this issue.
Average cost of different unit sizes
The average cost of a storage unit is based on the size of your unit. The bigger your unit, the more you pay for it.
The cost of a storage unit depends on several factors:
- Type of unit (cubic feet or linear feet)
- Number of storage bays
Approximate cost of different unit sizes
|Storage unit sizes||Average monthly cost|
|Small (5×5–5×10 ft.)||75.22 £|
|Medium (5×15–10×15 ft.)||133.73 £|
|Large (10×20–10×30 ft.)||242.38 £|
How Super Storage is helpful in storing your stuff
If you are looking for the best storage unit in UK, then Super Storage is the right choice. The facility has been designed to handle all types of storage needs, so that you can keep your stuff safely.
Super storage unit in UK is a place which is designed and constructed to store goods. This unit has a large number of storage spaces that can be used for different purposes. The most common use of this unit is to store things that are not easily accessible such as furniture, appliances and other bulky items.
The super storage unit comes with all amenities such as climate control, security and CCTV cameras. Also, it has a wide range of services such as packing and unpacking. The staff at this facility will provide you with all the information about how to use their services properly so that you will not have any problems when you need to move your goods from one place to another.
A storage unit is a place to store various items after deciding to dispose some old ones. The storage company provides you with a storage space and you can use it for storing as many things as possible. You are worried about how big this storage space would be and who knows what to expect from it? This is when these tips come in handy for you.