Moving house is a long process. You’ll have to put up with the trials and tribulations of moving such as packing, moving and unpacking, dealing with the stress of rearranging furniture, fitting everything into your new home and hoping that you get the most out of your memories from your old one. If you’re going through any kind of transition in life and might be thinking about moving (whether it’s to a new place or just a different room), here are 5 things you should keep in mind when moving house.
Checklist to Remember When Moving House:
Moving house is one of the most stressful things you will ever do. It’s not just about packing up your possessions and moving your family to a new home, it’s also about getting everything settled into the new place. If you want to make sure that everything goes smoothly, there are a few things that you need to remember when moving house.
This is a checklist of things to remember when moving house.
- Organize your utilities in advance
It’s always best to organize your utilities ahead of time, which will save you time and extra stress when moving into your new house. You can do this by calling your electricity company and asking them to send an employee out to the new address to disconnect the meter, or if you have a gas line, disconnect that as well. Once this is done, make sure to file a claim with your insurance company so that there are no complications with billing after moving in.
- Find an efficient removal service
You should also start early on choosing your removal company as they have many responsibilities such as packing goods safely and transporting them from one place to another within budget limits.
If you are planning on hiring professional movers for the job, then make sure that they are licensed and insured so that you do not end up paying any extra charges later on for their services.
The last thing that you should do before making any move is contacting different local companies so that they can give you estimates based on the amount of items being moved from one location to another.
- Get rid of unnecessary things early
You might think that you’ll be able to pack everything up later on in your new home, but it’s best to get rid of anything that doesn’t fit with your style. For example, if you are a minimalist, don’t bring along a sofa or a TV that you never use. If you’re a collector, make sure that all your favorite stuff is already stored away in storage units before the movers arrive.
- Plan your packing properly
It is very important to plan the packing of your household goods. There are many things you need to consider about it.
Here are some tips for you:
- Pack all the items in boxes or crates, so that you can easily carry them. You should also keep in mind that you need to make sure that there is enough space for them on the truck or van.
- Make sure you pack your items separately according to their weights, as they will be weighed at the time of loading and unloading. It is also important that you keep in mind their sizes and shapes before packing them into boxes or crates. Usually, small fragile items such as glassware and plates should be packed in boxes with padding so that they do not break during transportation to new house or apartment.
- You need to have a checklist which lists all the items needed for moving house along with their weight and dimensions, so that everything goes smoothly during transportation from one place to another place, without any hassle or delay at any point of time during transportation process from one place to another place.
- Keep important items with you.
It is not just the boxes, but also your passport and other important documents are kept in safe place while moving house. You should not forget anything that is required for your new home, leave it all together with your family and friends so that no one loses anything during the process.
Hire Professionals to Get Help in Moving:
The best way to get help in moving your home is hiring professionals. If you are moving to a new house, it is important that you take the right steps. You need to hire professionals to handle all the tasks involved in moving.
The first thing you need to do is hire professional movers who can pack and move your things on time. There are many companies that offer this service but if you want to stay away from any kind of trouble then make sure that they are licensed and insured.
When moving house, especially for the first time, there are so many things to remember and the checklist can be endless. However, there are a few things that should always be remembered in order to save yourself money and stress. You could save the headache of re-packaging by choosing the correct box size and tape measure before you move. Try moving any large heavy furniture on your own before calling any movers. By doing this you will know if you need help or if you can do it alone. By identifying your valuables early on you won’t forget them when it comes time to pack them up into boxes. Lastly, try not to get too carried away with buying boxes and packing materials such as bubble wrap, tape, marker pens etc; chances are you won’t use these items anyway.